Rules for Both NEEHU and EEEHU
1. You must be at least 18 years old and a registered and paid attendee to be in convention spaces.
2. Respect your fellow attendees, con staff, and DMs.
- Don’t touch anyone or anything that isn’t yours without permission.
3. Respect the privacy of people at NEEHU
- Only talk about details of what you did at the con with consent of those involved.
4. No photography or audio/video recording of classes or presenters or in any conference space unless official signage says it’s a photography area.
- The photography area will have a closed door and you need to get consent from everyone in every photo you take.
5. Do not use hypnotic language on people without their explicit consent.
6. Get consent before play.
- Inform the DM to get a CNC sign if you’re doing consensual non-consent.
7. Respect other people’s scenes.
- Don’t disrupt scenes with conversations or commentary.
- Don’t join in a scene without express prior permission from its participants.
- House safeword is “SAFEWORD” or “RED”.
8. Have fun and enjoy yourself.
- (Don’t worry, we won’t kick you out if you’re not enjoying yourself. 😃)
Rules Specific to NEEHU
1. Keep your mask over your nose and mouth at all times in indoor convention spaces.
- It’s OK to sip some water or take a bite of a snack, but keep the mask on otherwise.
- No smoking permitted in the hotel (nicotine or marijuana)
- Intoxicated people will not be permitted into conference spaces
3. Nudity is allowed in the dungeon at our play party, and by presenters/demo partners during classes.
4. No vaginal/anal/oral sex in convention spaces.
- What you do in your hotel room is your business, and the business of anyone you invite to join you.
5. Please contain your fluids.
- Dispose of sharps safely; provide your own sharps container.
- Cover furniture with hotel towels/sheets as needed (e.g. if nude), chux will be available.
6. Respect the space.
- Clean up after yourself: toss your trash; wipe things down with provided wipes.
7. Respect other hotel guests.
- Please be quiet and appropriately dressed outside convention spaces in the hotel and the pool.
- Assume that you have vanilla people on your floor unless you are explicitly told otherwise!
Rules Specific to EEEHU
1. Please mute at appropriate times.
- Stay muted in event & class rooms unless indicated otherwise.
- If a room might contain ongoing play, mute until pausing to assess when it’s okay to unmute.
2. Respect DM roles. If someone’s roles say:
- open DMs, then you can send them an appropriate message (e.g. not a spiral, dick pic, or wall-o-text induction)
- ask to DM, then you can ask them if you can DM them in ask-to-dm
- closed DMs, then don’t initiate DM conversations with them (or ask). If you’re hitting it off in an existing conversation (speed trance, a public channel, etc.), you can say your DMs are open to them if they feel like it.
3. Be clothed if you’re on camera unless everyone present consented to your nudity.
NEEHU interpersonal conflict policy
1. We at NEEHU are committed to running a safe event for all those in attendance.
We expect all attendees to behave themselves in accordance with a sense of legal, ethical, and social propriety. We neither hope nor anticipate that any of the following policies will ever be necessary; nevertheless, out of an abundance of caution, we have deemed it necessary to make the following policies clear. In the case of any person complaining of criminal acts on site, these complaints will be taken seriously and we will respond quickly.
1a. If a NEEHU staff member, while acting in their official capacity, witnesses an attendee commit an act which appears to be disruptive to the safety of others, in violation of event policies, and/or is potentially criminal, NEEHU may take action to address the matter, up to and including:
- Removing the perpetrator(s) from the event. Removal may be immediate and might lead to a temporary or indefinite ban, depending on the severity of the offense.
- Involving the local authorities where deemed appropriate
- NEEHU retains the right to refuse admission to any person for any reason.
1b. If an attendee of the event is accused of a criminal act that is committed during the event, but not in a public area of the event, NEEHU policy is to encourage the accuser to involve the local authorities. We understand that given the nature of our event this may be uncomfortable for certain attendees, but please understand that:
- We take all claims of such incidents seriously;
- We lack the fact-finding capacity to determine the nature of events leading to accusation(s);
- In many cases, we may lack the authority to properly respond to such accusations
1c. If an attendee of the event is accused of a criminal act by another attendee and the act was not associated with the current NEEHU event, our policy is as follows.
- Where there is legal documentation to support a threat against attendee(s) of NEEHU, such documentation once provided will be reviewed and appropriate action will be taken.
- Where no such documentation exists, NEEHU policy is not to ban or restrict attendees from events.
- Understand that: we are deeply aware of the difficulties our attendees feel in handling such conflicts, especially regarding involving the authorities
- We lack both the investigative and inquisitorial capacity to properly evaluate claims not made in open view
- We are willing to provide mediation via community ombudsman if both parties feel it would help mend grievances.
2. NEEHU’s official policy regarding any threatening action to the event and its attendees:
2a. Threats, made publicly or privately, that impact the safety or well-being of event attendees will be dealt with swiftly and the authorities will be contacted in such cases.
2b. Threats, made publicly or privately, that impact NEEHU as an event but which do not impact the safety or well-being to attendees of the event (including but not limited to: threats that one will not attend, will encourage others not to attend, or will otherwise economically or socially impact the event) may not be responded to publicly.
- In some cases, NEEHU staff may, in an official capacity, privately contact individuals who make such threats to determine their justification for said threat and to help deal with potential concerns.
- NEEHU staff are not prevented from privately contacting such individuals in an unofficial capacity regarding such threats.
2c. Staff should be advised that:
- Even if completely unofficial, their actions do in some respect reflect on NEEHU. To this end, we encourage all staff to be polite and respectful in such dealings.
- Staff ought to stress that they are talking in an unofficial capacity and that they should be careful that they are not misconstrued as speaking for the event or staff as a whole.
NEEHU would like to thank MEEHU for inspiring this editing of the rules, the members of the NEEHU presenters list who reviewed these rules and policies, MindControlFun for his help writing the policy section, and anonymous members of the BDSM community unknown to NEEHU staff who gave feedback on the policy section.