All the info is coming Really Soon!
Get your hypnokink on from the safety of your own home this spring! 100% NEEHU goodness, 0% sucky virus. Hopefully next year we’ll be back!
NEEHU, COVID style round 2! Now with planning! This con aims to provide you with a long weekend full of classes, social activities, and that same feeling of community you get when going to an in-person con. Only, we’ll do it through the magic of the internet! This con will feature:
- Round the clock programming delivered by Sched/Zoom/Discord
- Lots of social events where you can meet people and play
- Streaming playback of select classes during/after the con
- Discord shenanigans aplenty
- Awesome Volunteer Raffle for volunteers
- 18+ event
- $10+ registration fee (pay what you will, we want everyone to be able to attend <3)
- And so much more! (Join our Discord for more information.)
This conference will operate on a “pay what you will” basis because COVID sucks and so many people are un/under-employed. If you can afford to pay more, please do so! Our expenses are a bit higher than you would expect because we did not receive the funds from NEEHU/EEEHU 1 due to COVID-related issues with Brown Paper Tickets. Funds in excess of our expenses will go towards more awesome volunteer raffle prizes, and possibly extending the raffle to presenters. Beyond that, funds will go towards scholarships for people to attend NEEHU 13 which hopefully will be in person in 2022 and to offset costs related to hosting a con so close to a pandemic.
Contributing to the event!
An event of this magnitude will likely have 50-100 presenters and a similar number of volunteers! It takes an army to make an awesome event! NEEHU/EEEHU strives to be the event YOU want it to be, so please share with us your ideas, your passion, and your needs so we can make this the best event for you!
- This is an 18+ event. All attendees are required to show proof of age for admission.
- Please respect the privacy of the people contributing to this event. No capturing video or audio from our presentations or chats.
- Consent is required, no different from real life!
Your Privacy is Paramount (READ THIS)
Help us keep your private information private! Eventbrite and Sched are not designed for hosting kink events; they think that it’s OK to put your real name on your account. This is not OK with us, so please help us make sure your name stays private. To this end, PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR REAL NAME IN THE NAME FIELD WHEN YOU BUY TICKETS. We DO need to collect your real name, so there will be a spot for your name in the survey , where we DO want your real name. If you’re not comfortable putting your real name in the registration, we will find another way to do it after you register. In addition to asking you not to put your name in the Name field, we will go through every registered attendee’s info on Sched before making it viewable to protect your confidentiality. We highly recommend using a kink-only account for buying your tickets on EventBrite, and for e-mail communications.
The physical event has been cancelled
1. I am unable to find a time to reschedule NEEHU in 2020 that the hotel and dungeon furniture provider have availability, so I have made the decision to officially transmute NEEHU 11 into EEEHU.
2. NEEHU 12 will be at the end of March, 2021 at the same hotel with the Magic theme. I will have registration information up for this soon.
3. Regarding hotel room cancellations, the hotel told me that they would handle cancelling our entire block so individuals don’t need to take action. I will confirm this with the hotel.
4. Regarding tickets purchased for NEEHU 11, we have it set up so that you WILL need to manually request a refund. **All funds NOT refunded by April 8th will be sent to me ** and will go towards next year’s event (scholarships, cool stuff.) Please request a refund through Brown Paper Tickets if you want one! Here’s the link to the ticketing site to help you get this done!
Ok, now time for some happy news! We’re organizing an online conference
called EEEHU!! It will be held on a private discord server and Google
Meet on March 28-29. (And maybe March 27 if there is a lot of interest!)
This event will be FREE with option to donate $10-20, which will again
go towards defraying costs of cancelled event and making next year’s
event better. You need to register to get the info for the event!
6. If you are interested in presenting an online class at EEEHU, here is the presenter signup sheet!
Classes may be voice only, video, voice with slides, or whatever else
you come up with! This is not limited to NEEHU presenters! We’re getting
so much interest from people who have never been able to travel to
Stay safe out there, everyone! Remember, 20 seconds is a nice bit of time to take a few deep breaths and relax while you are washing your hands. 🙂
I don’t know the details yet. Will update this when I have them!
What I know:
The event potentially owes the hotel for 75% of the total cost of rooms. I need to have a discussion with the hotel.
Refunds will be issued to people who want them (need to work out the details with Brown Paper Tickets)
We will be having an online conference on NEEHU weekend (details pending!) (eeeeeeHU anyone?)
We are having them!
Our theme normally has a black background. If you are seeing a white background, try switching over to HTTP rather than HTTPs until we get it fixed! We are working on the issue!
P.S. come by our Discord Server and say hi!
We’ve taken the giant leap from dungeon to hotel, and are very excited to have a ton of space and a whole lot less driving to do! NEEHU 11 will be a 4 day convention, with the Thursday featuring a “magic school” themed set of classes. Our emphasis, as ever, is on creating a playground for people to meet, learn, practice, and play, and our new venue will facilitate this with tons of space!
New, exciting stuff this year:
- more than 6000 SF of conference space
- 8 classrooms that hold between 40-80 people
- Hospitality room with snacks
- Party floor
- 3.5 nights of play party (Thurs, Fri, Sat, and some rooms on Sun) in our in-hotel dungeon, staffed by DMs.
- Consent team independent of event staffing available 24/7
- Emphasis on social spaces, quiet spaces, and creative activities
- Icebreakers and games and probably a hypno Nerf battle…
- Ambassador program to help new folx get started
- And, of course, classes by some really awesome presenters!
Follow us on Social Media and chat with us:
Register for the event on our Brown Paper Tickets site
$80 until Feb 1
$100 Feb 2-March 23
$120 at the door (to people known to us)
Booking info provided when you register.
$94/night for king or double room (includes breakfast for 2)
$5 per additional breakfast ($12 regular cost)
21+ to book a room, this is an 18+ event. If you are under 21 and having trouble getting your room, we are happy to help you out.
- Fitness center and heated indoor pool
- Restaurant that serves breakfast and dinner
- Free parking
- Free WiFi
- Shuttle around Hartford (not to airport, alas)
Do you want to present or volunteer or otherwise contribute to our efforts?
Big huge difference #1: We will be at a hotel in the Hartford, CT area. Location of the hotel and booking information will only be disclosed to registered attendees to protect the privacy of the event. We will have a LOT of space and can do so many cool things with it!
Big difference #2: We’re now 18+ because we get to decide our own age policy! We will be reworking all of our rules to better suit the new venue.
Big difference #3: We will have a “party floor” at the hotel where there will be fun stuff going on. There will even be a contest for “best room party!”
There will be a lot of small differences too, and tons of ways for everyone so inclined to contribute their awesomeness to the event.
NEEHU 9 will be a 4 day conference including a smaller Exploratorium style day on the Thursday before the conference.
There will be a bunch of classes (number of classes depends on who volunteers to teach) with the tech theme, and of course lots of awesome general hypnosis classes including our 101 track and practice time. The theme is open to interpretation, and teaching/requesting classes that suit your particular interests is encouraged. The goal is to explore and grow together, for people to share what they find hot.
There will be scholarships for people who contribute to the advancement of hypnosis/technology through their presentations/writings/creations.
Since Fetlife has purged all groups containing the word “hypnosis,” including our discussion forum, we need another solution for communication. The timing of the deletion is unfortunate, given that our conference is mere weeks away. For communication between NEEHU 8 attendees we have made a forum to use for now. We’re still working to make it pretty, but it is currently functional.
If you by any chance enjoy making PhPBB forums look pretty and would like some volunteer raffle tickets in exchange… let’s talk!