NEEHU Mission Statement
1. NEEHU is a small, volunteer-run convention dedicated to meeting the educational and recreational needs of the Erotic Hypnosis Community. NEEHU works hard to be an event that is geared towards providing a safe and secure environment for the exploration of erotic/recreational hypnosis. NEEHU is committed to maintaining a culture of ethical behavior, consent, and respect between and among all its attendees.
2. NEEHU expects all attendees to adhere to the highest ethical standards in relation to seeking and giving enthusiastic consent, and fostering respectful interpersonal interactions with others in the Erotic/Recreational Hypnosis Community. We have Rules of Conduct that delineate basic behavior expected of all attendees at the event that every attendee must read and sign prior to event entry.
3. NEEHU staff care about you, and want to make sure your experience is the best it can be. If you are concerned that your consent has been ignored or broken, please reach out to NEEHU staff so that we can take appropriate action. We take these complaints seriously, and will take time to understand your unique situation.
4. People who have transgressed NEEHU’s Rules in minor ways will be informed that their behavior is unacceptable and given a chance to remediate, including one on one discussion, class suggestions, education, and mentoring. People who transgress NEEHU’s rules in major ways or who continue to engage in unacceptable behavior after it is brought to their attention will be given a chance to explain their side of the story and further actions will be taken as needed, up to and including removal from the event. NEEHU’s primary concern is the well-being of our attendees, and there unfortunately may come a point where a person’s continued presence at the event is detrimental to the well-being of our other attendees and that person will be asked to leave. Future attendance of such people at NEEHU will be at the sole discretion of the event organizer.
5. By attending NEEHU you are agreeing to our rules, policies, and waiver, with the awareness that should you transgress them you are subject to expulsion from the event. Additionally, NEEHU reserves the right to refuse or rescind the privilege of entry to any person for any reason at any time.
6. NEEHU strives to advance the culture of consent in the Erotic Hypnosis Community. To this end, our policy may be updated to reflect continued discussion of this topic as needed.
- You must be at least 21 years old and a registered and paid attendee to be in The Society venue.
The hotel and The Society are non-smoking venues.
The Society is a dry venue. Intoxicated people will not be permitted to enter The Society. Alcohol is permitted in the hotel including the volunteer suite, but you will be asked to leave the volunteer suite if you are intoxicated to the point of being disruptive. Please drink responsibly.
No illegal drugs. (This includes marijuana.)
- No photography or audio/video recording in The Society. Photography and other recording is allowed at the hotel, but attendees are expected to get permission from everyone in the picture/recording.
- No vaginal/anal/oral sex at The Society. What you do at the hotel is your own business, but please act responsibly in public areas of the hotel.
- Please see The Society’s rules for play of different kinds. Please contain your fluids. Dispose of sharps safely, provide your own sharps container.
- Always get permission before initiating a scene. No means no. (Yes means yes.) Please let those around you know prior to starting a consensual non-consent scene.
- Nudity is allowed at The Society. Don’t sit on the furniture without something between your butt and the chair. No nudity around the food service areas.
- Respect the Con staff and DMs. If you do not, you will be asked to leave.
- Respect our neighbors. Please be quiet and appropriately dressed outside The Society. There are other guests interspersed with our rooms in the hotel. Please dress and act reasonably vanilla in hotel public areas, including the swimming pool.
- Respect other event attendees. Don’t touch anyone or their property (be it people or toybags) without their permission. If it is not yours, don’t mess with it.
- Respect the space. If you make a mess, clean it up. Wipe down equipment or furniture that you have used with the provided wipes. Throw away your trash.
- Respect the scenes of others. Don’t disrupt scenes with conversations near them or loud commentary on the actions in progress. Don’t join in a scene without express permission from its participants. Don’t talk to players in the middle of their scene. House safeword is “SAFEWORD” or “RED”.
- Have fun and enjoy yourself. (Don’t worry, we won’t kick you out if you’re not enjoying yourself, but we will try to help you find good times if you want!)
- link to google drive version of most recent NEEHU rules
NEEHU interpersonal conflict policy
1. We at NEEHU are committed to running a safe event for all those in attendance. We expect all attendees to behave themselves in accordance with a sense of legal, ethical, and social propriety. We neither hope nor anticipate that any of the following policies will ever be necessary; nevertheless, out of an abundance of caution, we have deemed it necessary to make the following policies clear. In the case of any person complaining of criminal acts on site, these complaints will be taken seriously and we will respond quickly.
1a. If a NEEHU staff member, while acting in their official capacity, witnesses an attendee commit an act which appears to be disruptive to the safety of others, in violation of event policies, and/or is potentially criminal, NEEHU may take action to address the matter, up to and including:
* Removing the perpetrator(s) from the event. Removal may be immediate and might lead to a temporary or indefinite ban, depending on the severity of the offense.
* Involving the local authorities where deemed appropriate
* NEEHU retains the right to refuse admission to any person for any reason.
1b. If an attendee of the event is accused of a criminal act that is committed during the event, but not in a public area of the event, NEEHU policy is to encourage the accuser to involve the local authorities. We understand that given the nature of our event this may be uncomfortable for certain attendees, but please understand that:
* We take all claims of such incidents seriously;
* We lack the fact-finding capacity to determine the nature of events leading to accusation(s);
* In many cases, we may lack the authority to properly respond to such accusations
1c. If an attendee of the event is accused of a criminal act by another attendee and the act was not associated with the current NEEHU event, our policy is as follows.
* Where there is legal documentation to support a threat against attendee(s) of NEEHU, such documentation once provided will be reviewed and appropriate action will be taken.
* Where no such documentation exists, NEEHU policy is not to ban or restrict attendees from events.
* Understand that: we are deeply aware of the difficulties our attendees feel in handling such conflicts, especially regarding involving the authorities
* We lack both the investigative and inquisitorial capacity to properly evaluate claims not made in open view
* We are willing to provide mediation via community ombudsman if both parties feel it would help mend grievances.
2. NEEHU’s official policy regarding any threatening action to the event and its attendees is as follows:
2a. Threats, made publicly or privately, that impact the safety or well-being of event attendees will be dealt with swiftly and the authorities will be contacted in such cases.
2b. Threats, made publicly or privately, that impact NEEHU as an event but which do not impact the safety or well-being to attendees of the event (including but not limited to: threats that one will not attend, will encourage others not to attend, or will otherwise economically or socially impact the event) may not be responded to publicly.
* In some cases, NEEHU staff may, in an official capacity, privately contact individuals who make such threats to determine their justification for said threat and to help deal with potential concerns.
* NEEHU staff are not prevented from privately contacting such individuals in an unofficial capacity regarding such threats.
2c. Staff should be advised that:
* Even if completely unofficial, their actions do in some respect reflect on NEEHU. To this end, we encourage all staff to be polite and respectful in such dealings.
* Staff ought to stress that they are talking in an unofficial capacity and that they should be careful that they are not misconstrued as speaking for the event or staff as a whole.
[Google drive version of interpersonal conflict policy][https://docs.google.com/document/d/1s-tvik5I2WrpEl6yOZHoaL5SvskUm2OItuT2ILvz4h4/edit#]
NEEHU would like to thank MEEHU for inspiring this editing of the rules, the members of the NEEHU presenters list who reviewed these rules and policies, MindControlFun for his help writing the policy section, and anonymous members of the BDSM community unknown to NEEHU staff who gave feedback on the policy section.